Thursday, May 26, 2005

 

An important denouncement (BETA)

Or should that be announcement? I don't know. Did you know that you can't use cheesy strings as a replacement for shoelaces? After a while they go all soggy and stretch a lot (believe me, I trie...I mean I did an experiment just to see the effects because I knew they wouldn't be suitable but what else can you do when there's nothing else in your desk draw and your shoe is practically falling off your foot?). Well just like if I didn't know that then I'd have had some learning to do, a couple of my readers need a bit of education (or so Eric says. To be honest I don't really understand why I can have as many as two readers when only some guy called "anonymous" ever seems to show up. In fact, he shows up quite a lot. Maybe he fancies me?).

Hang on, what's that down there. Mmmm...cheesy string. So anyway, back on topic. It seems that two people might not entirely understand the word parody:

A literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule

Naturally this is a Beta blog and issues like this are bound to come up. Had webmasters been clearer in their linking (following W3C and CompanyX "webmaster guidelines") then I'm sure this issue wouldn't have arisen.

Much like Edam is a parody of real cheeses one should not assume that the similarity between the name Marissa Beta and some other Marissa, or indeed the style of this Company X blog and some other company's blogs, or any similarity between the names of my co-workers and the names of a certain other person's co-workers, necessarily means that this blog might not be a person or persons taking the mickey (I've got a fluffy one of those by the way. His ears are so cute. I wonder if anonymous looks like Mickey at all? Ahhhh). Or in short, you could be laughing at me rather than with me.

Obviously this could be a cunningly perceived PR job by myself to make it look like people are taking the mickey out of me, thus raising my profile, and I could then be making this post as a kind of double bluff. I have, after all, been hanging around with CompanyX Guy far too much. But Mommy says I shouldn't do things like that.

I never even said CompanyX is a search engine, it could be portal for all you know!

Comments:
see.. the things is MB, it's just that is too bloody hard not to take you seriously... your cheese expertise (am rhyming already!)and the fact that you still use the word 'mommy' makes you irresistible to geeks who are desperately looking for a back door to companyX

anyway .. get the parody and the tasmanian camembert going
 
I’m sorry, I didn’t intend to cause you trouble or anything, I just used your post to explain how Eric comments are way too obvious not to be believed.

And I already mentioned in my post that your blog is "unofficial BETA blog".

Baher
 
leave my back door out of this
 
Marissa, I don't think anyone would want to go near your back door, from what I hear your rusty cat flap is a public health hazzard!
 
Great post Blogger I'm working with the writer of this course for What is important to me and An important denouncement has helped so thanks. Anny
 
Nice site!
[url=http://vqurkbne.com/iuox/lmwe.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://wpyerlxl.com/nwpl/cdst.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Great work!
http://vqurkbne.com/iuox/lmwe.html | http://yhvxeekw.com/yigl/frij.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? By peddling very hard on an excercise bike at my desk (somebody's got to)

* Unreal, pretend, not true. Marissa, or indeed any Marissa, did not write this. This is a joke, a subtle dig at a company similar to CompanyX.