Monday, May 16, 2005

 

Improving the User Experience (BETA)

Everything we do here at Company-X is geared towards the perfect user experience, which is why if we think a site isn't a good user experience we remove it from our lists. Our 'User Experience Panel' meets every second Thursday at Larrys and over a glass or two of fine Frascati and some cheese straws we review the sites which have been brought to our attention and take appropriate action.

You'll have noticed that I and my colleagues are now also starting to give design and usability advice on occasion, this is because, despite our site design being created by accident, we do feel that as the owners of the interweb we should ultimately be in charge of things like that.

For example, over the weekend Company X's Australian department has been sending me copies of e-mails from webmasters which complain because our new Toolbar thinks the Australian Addresses are in the US. All I can say to that is your addresses should be linked anyway.

I think it's clear enough that every instance of a code, product or location should be linked to somewhere. Its not my job to tell you where and if you can think of somewhere better than we do with our toolbar then go on and link to it already.

It's also clear that every instance of a name, date or word will also eventually require linking to enhance the user experience. This isn't hard to understand - Mommy says webmasters really must learn to design with the user in mind; if you're looking at a page which mentions something and we know about other information about that somewhere else of course you want the opportunity to go and look where we think you should.

I'm also very proud of the new Blue Streak feature which disables the 'open new window' right click. By taking that away the user no longer has that pesky and frankly confusing option to open the link in a new window. That would lead to user confusion because it required clicking between MULTIPLE windows, and was very very un-user-friendly. Now the user can simply use the same window to view a different site which makes things much more streamlined and ensures that the user only returns to the original site if they really, really want to.

Company X - where do you want to go today?

Oops, can't use that one (yet)

Company X - JUST DO IT OR ELSE.

Comments:
the "evil one" asks: oops, where
*did* you want to go today?
 
Well done!
[url=http://ljfvzreh.com/qxne/clfc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://trvgbdfe.com/ksma/fvrr.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Well done!
http://ljfvzreh.com/qxne/clfc.html | http://pjawzxnw.com/wren/jlls.html
 
meaning of life in retirement

Philosophical
...to participate in the chain of events which has led from the creation of the universe until its possible end (either freely chosen or determined, this is a subject widely debated amongst philosophers)
...to know the meaning of life
...to achieve self-actualization
...all possible meanings have some validity
 
"Nothing has ever arisen in my life, internal or external, that the spirituality and social action has not made clear and enabled me to deal with or understand." - Swami Nirmalananda Giri "The Geeta is the universal mother. I find a solace in the Bhagavadgeeta that I miss even in the Sermon in the Mount. When disappointment stares me in the face and all alone I see not one ray of light, I go back to the Bhagavad Gita. I find a verse here and a verse there, and I immediatly begin to simile in the midst of overwhelming tragedies - and my lif has been full of external tragedies - and if they have left no visible or indelible scar on me, I owe it all to the teaching of the Bhagavad Gita." - Mahatma Gandhi
 
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! here
 
I found the blog some what interesting in its content wise and easier to understand what they had said. I love if you publish the blogs often.
Pawn Shops in Alabama
Pawn Brokers
Pawn Loans
Pawn Loans in Alabama
Pawn Shops near me
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? By peddling very hard on an excercise bike at my desk (somebody's got to)

* Unreal, pretend, not true. Marissa, or indeed any Marissa, did not write this. This is a joke, a subtle dig at a company similar to CompanyX.