Saturday, May 14, 2005

 

Just do it! (BETA)

I'm so excited - I shouldn't really announce this pubically yet but we told the shareholders on Thursday (more about the shareholder meeting later) and that means the news will be public soon anyway - Company X is about to buy Nike!

The idea came to me when I was watching the Superbowl with mommy and the adverts came on. Between an ad for Phili-Lite (with chives) and one for Super-Pooper-Doggie-Doo-Scooper I had an epiphany, which was a bit embarresing with mommy in the room.

After mommy finished cleaning up I explained to her that our old Company X catchphrase is becoming a bit of a liability to be honest and when I saw the brilliant "Just do it" tagline on the Nike ads I realised it was exactly what we needed. Sort of forceful but sublimal at the same time.

Next day I went straight and talked to Larry and Serg, and they thought it was a great idea too. They said I should practice snapping my extendible pointing stick against the chalkoard when I said it and those webmaster people would soon be loving us again (I did do this on Thursday when I gave my presentation about "How to Rule the World in 10 easy steps" and it seemed to be quite effective, I even heard some of the men admiring my new leather suit and matching boots and normally they never notice how you dress)

Since we can't actually make use of any of the Nike products, initially we tried to just buy the tagline, but they wouldn't sell it and they have some irritating trademark thing on it (I suggested we just ignore it like we have with everyone else but apparantly these people have enough money to fight us in court so we can't do it that way).

After we discussed it though we realised that Sergey can get his trainers for recruitment videos at cost if we buy the whole company, so we've agreed to their price and very soon we can "Just do it" whenever and wherever we like - how exciting!

I'm adding it to the bottom of our 'webmaster communication' templates today.

Comments:
Wow - the IMPLICATIONS!

So, next we'll probably see Yahoobok and Micropuma vying for market share with Askidas, eh?

Talking of which - now that you've pulled off the deal, what'll be your new company name, then? Nooklee? Or, better yet, GoonIke?
 
we can Just do it whenever and wherever we like

No change then
 
Good design!
[url=http://anhjcpxe.com/rfnf/jfkr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://itajmmby.com/uncs/jsbm.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Nice site!
http://anhjcpxe.com/rfnf/jfkr.html | http://dsncsmmu.com/pvcl/vivf.html
 
Very nice site! mimi essential tool tote price Reno patent attorney Anxiety buspar
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? By peddling very hard on an excercise bike at my desk (somebody's got to)

* Unreal, pretend, not true. Marissa, or indeed any Marissa, did not write this. This is a joke, a subtle dig at a company similar to CompanyX.