Monday, May 30, 2005

 

working on a weekend (BETA)

oh it's so busy here at the moment I just haven't had a chance to post for a few days, I'm even working on a holiday weekend because I'm trying to catch up on some paperwork.

My weekend has been good; on Friday me and some of the lads went out to celebrate fixing that canonicalization problem (well when I say fix you know what I mean), we got very drunk and started playing with these slidy control things that we found on a switch panel in Sergeys office.

It was really good fun - like being in Star Trek or something. I wanted to be Uhuru but none of us could pronounce it so I was 'girl in background who gets attacked by Tribbles' instead.

I have no idea what these switches do but when we went through the alien forcefield we were really throwing them around so I bet they did something. At the end we couldn't remember what position one little green switch should have been in so we left it 'off'. I doubt it does anything important anyway.

On Saturday I worked from home on my list of 'things XLink doesn't link to yet but could'. It's quite a long list but I think everything on it's very sensible and will certainly improve the user experience. I'll bet you a dairylea triangle to a tub of wholefat Phili that most of my ideas will be implimented within 12 months.

I just have time to answer a question that a reader has asked
Marissa, why doesn't CompanyX have some sort of way for people to petition for a site to remove, old/linkspam/irrelevent pages?
Well of course the answer to that is that we're already working on it - in fact there won't be any need to submit a report, what we're going to do is allow you to simply link to the page from certain places and we will know that that page should be devalued. We don't think we need to check with the webmaster whether they want that page removed, that's just an extra lot of people involved which don't really need to have a say in it. Someone mentioned that this might let people be a bit evil and annoy their competitors but I don't really think that's a problem, at least it won't be if we don't tell anyone about it.

Now I really must get on and do some real work. I have a complaint letter from a woman in Nevada who claims that AutoTown (Beta) created a small village at the bottom of her garden. She admits it was a nice village and had a large shop selling books and records and that she did wish she could have more choice, but she's now claims that driving to the next town wasn't really a big problem after all.

Some people just won't be helped.

Comments:
Marissa, why haven't you been nominated for 'Best PR Blog'?
 
hi Marissa, would you marry me, please ?
 
Way too much time on your hands..
 
hurry up and get those link farmed pages out of existance for those of us trying to get started.
(by get started, i mean waiting months on end and spending 1k's in advertising because the se's algo's suck and can't distiguish link farm material from true content)
 
Well done!
[url=http://byjtaakz.com/iorm/plst.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://dcopfiaj.com/nxar/mlvk.html]Cool site[/url]
 
Great work!
My homepage | Please visit
 
Nice site!
http://byjtaakz.com/iorm/plst.html | http://eakjcdeb.com/aljc/xeoo.html
 
Very nice site! » » »
 
Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. film editing schools
 
I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else experiencing issues with your site. It looks like some of the text on your posts are running off the screen. Can someone else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.

Appreciate it

Also visit my blog ... exercise bike reviews
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? By peddling very hard on an excercise bike at my desk (somebody's got to)

* Unreal, pretend, not true. Marissa, or indeed any Marissa, did not write this. This is a joke, a subtle dig at a company similar to CompanyX.